http://soundinvestmentadvisors.com/config.backup The United Church Women Purpose
To unite all women of the congregation for the total mission of the church, and to provide a medium through which we may express our loyalty and devotion to Jesus Christ in Christian Witness, Study, Fellowship and Service.”
take a look at the site here Meeting times: When and Where:
3rd Wednesday of each month, excluding summer months of July and August, at 2 pm in homes of various members.
dating site for over 40 uk Meeting Format:
All meetings consist of: list of all dating site in usa worship, business meeting, and program. A time for socialization follows the meeting.
- Shawl Ministry-Shawls are knit by both members of UCW, and women in the congregation. Church members, in need of comfort, and solace, receive a visit from one or two UCW members.
- Card Ministry- Our UCW group sends sympathy, thinking of you, and get-well cards on the behalf of Windsor United Church.
- Keeping in touch with UCW members in nursing homes through visits and cards.
- Participating in the World Day of Prayer service held on the first Friday of March, and the UCW Spring Rally
Yearly Financial Support given to:
- Mission and Service
- General fund of the church
Projects are reviewed each Spring and December. Projects in the past have included:
- sending youths to Sherbrook Lake camp for a week, and Maritime Conference for a week-end
- collecting personal care items for the Red Cross, and Harvest House Community Outreach Centre
- Supporting the Youth Group, and Sunday School activities
- Supporting those in need with gift cards from Sobeys and the Superstore
- Bring and Buy Sale
- Monthly “coin” offering collected at each meeting, which has become known as the Bottle Fund
- Tea/coffee muffin times-freewill offering
- Catering to funeral receptions at the church
Our UCW have seen many changes over time, but we are pleased to have an average of sixteen members attend our monthly meetings. We rely on each other for friendship, and support in good times, and the more challenging times in our lives. We are a fun group.